Bosch launched the Bosch Pro Center to capture the growing Pro Consumer (Building Contractors) at Home Depot. A “store within a store”, with upwards of 32 feet of all Bosch Tools and accessories, each Center was managed by a Bosch expert with a vast knowledge in the brand and usage of the product.
As project leader, Nick conceptualized, designed, presented and managed internal and external strategies to grow customer share while maintaining profitable growth and satisfying key company metrics.
- Delivered collaborative annual marketing planning with sales organization and business unit objectives, successfully integrating Product, Marketing and Brand vehicles.
- Maximized customer growth opportunities through quarterly executions of Product Line Reviews, Promotional Plans and Marketing/Brand Initiatives.
- Identified course corrections via Gap Analysis and communications through business review meetings and updates securing management support for viable alternatives.
Business & Trend Analysis
Nick developed a weekly score card to measure and drive account growth through quantitative analysis of, sell-in, point-of-sales data and forecasting to capitalize on opportunities while staying versed on industry trends in market landscapes, promotional executions and channel distribution
- Evaluate key sales metric assessments (POS, Turns, Margin) through available system resources (SAP, RSI) and internal reporting to ensure program alignment with customer and organizational scorecards.
- Examine customer inventory productivity (GMROI) and direct internal forecast planning via SAP-APO forecasting system combined with communication between inventory planners, forecast analysts and sales organization
Expand industry knowledge and competitive awareness through store walks, research, (Market Tracks, TracLine), end user focus groups, trade journals and online publications to formulate customer and organizational recommendations
Cultivating internal and external relationships with dynamic touch-points to mutually satisfy customer and organizational intent was important to success:
- Developed positive sales partnerships with key merchandising counterparts and all supporting logistics, planning and marketing decision makers to leverage. preferential support to meet business objectives.
- Led or supported cross-functional organizational teams representing Marketing, Brand, Sales, Forecasting, Planning, Logistics and Support to exceed expectations and deliver timely results.
- Compiled and articulated relevant data into cohesive and creative visual presentations to secure internal management support and customer buy-in.
Key Performance Indicators
Proven record of managing the largest Bosch Power Tool customers through a dynamic economic and account environment while consistently growing key metrics and delivering value to organizational objectives:
- Bosch Pro Center Locations tripled in 3-years (21; 2010 to 61; 2011 to 156; 2012)
- +43% TY vs LY Shipment Growth
- +2M in Strategic Core Product Placement
- +1.5M promotional Business increase through strategic initiatives driving Brand awareness and User demand